I adore makeup. I always have. I was the little girl that was begging her mom for “lip” and “eyeblash” from the moment that she could talk. I would hoard play makeup and organize it by color on the vanity in my room. You get the picture.
For me, makeup not only enhances my confidence in so many ways, but also has become my favorite hobby. From watching hours upon hours of videos from my favorite beauty YouTubers for the latest tips and products, to talking about and recommending products with my closest friends (and strangers), applying makeup soothes and energizes me. However, thankfully, both my technique and the quality of products in my collection have drastically improved since I started wearing makeup in the 6th grade to combat my rosacea, oily skin and, at the time, acne. While my acne has substantially subsided, (I do still have spots pop up multiple times a week), I do naturally gravitate towards more full coverage products to cover up my rosacea. Also, with the humid, Southern climate that I live in, I need my makeup to last as long as possible throughout a long work day. And, with that, let’s get into the makeup:
- L’Oreal Infallible Fresh Wear 24HR Foundation ($14.99)
- Easily one of the best foundations I’ve ever used. High-medium/low-full coverage, satin matte finish, great staying power.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer ($8.00)
- The best dupe out there for the Tatcha Silk Canvas primer. Fills in pores SO well and helps your makeup to last longer.
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer – Bronzer ($9.29)
- Talk about a cult favorite product, and for good reason. Great pigmentation, never looks too orange or patchy. Make sure to get the Bronzer shade though.
- L’Oreal Rouge Signature Lightweight Matte Lip Stain ($11.99)
- If you want a comfortable, non-drying liquid lipstick that will last until you decide to take it off? This is the lady for you. Also, fantastic shade selection.
- Revlon Volumazing Mascara ($8.99)
- An underrated product in the “favorite mascara” category, I really enjoy this one. Great balance of volume and length and does not smudgge or flake on my oily eyelids.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics 16HR Camo Concealer ($6.00)
- This is the product for you if you want a much more affordable version of Tarte Shape Tape, but less drying under the eyes.
- Milani Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set ($9.99)
- One of the best drugstore setting sprays, this will help your makeup last through a long day. But, be warned, it is heavily scented (but I don’t mind it, and it dissipates quickly).
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Porelesss Pressed Powder ($7.99)
- Just a good, everyday compact setting powder. She won’t do ya wrong.
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter – Be My Highlight 01 ($4.99)
- Such a fantastic option for a daily highlighter. Not too bright, no glitter and really does bring a natural glow to the face.
- Wet n Wild Color Icon single eyeshadow – Nutty ($1.19)
- This single shadow will help you create the fastest eyeshadow look in the world. While it looks matte in the pan, it will start to get more and more satin as you get deeper into the shadow. You can use either your fingers or a crease brush to wash the color all over the lid.
Leave a comment with your favorite drugstore makeup product and let me know if you have any questions!
2 thoughts on “10 Favorite Drugstore Makeup Products”
Butter bronzer and the elf primer are my jam!!