Hey y’all, I’m Carly. I am finally, FINALLY taking the leap and putting out the content that I have talked about posting for years. My passion for all things makeup, beauty, travel, food, clothing, photography, reading, etc., is at the forefront of my mind every day, from the moment I wake up until the moment that I go to bed, and my soul has been craving this creative outlet for far too long. With that being said, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading the ramblings of this curly-headed blonde girl. It means more than you will ever know. And, with that being said, here are 20 little tidbits about me that will let you know what is in store for you if you stay with me on this journey in the future:
- My name is Carly Elizabeth Wallace, if you can’t already tell from the name of this blog. My maiden name is Barksdale, which has garnered me a lifelong nickname of Barky (even though my mom is the OG Barky –shoutout to Sarah). But, I do have many other nicknames such as Carls, Carlita, Carly Sue, Princess, Sister, Candy B, Honey Bun (miss you always, PawPaw), Carls Barkley, Carly Davidson, and the list goes on and on. I also used to introduce myself as Carly Barksdale Elizabeth to everyone because of the “First Name, Last Name, Middle Initial” section on paperwork.
- I love Jesus. I was saved at 15 and have been constantly surrounded by an incredible group of believers and mentors since the day I was born. 🙂
- I currently live in Memphis, Tennessee, with my incredible husband, Tyler. However, #TexasForever.
- I graduated from Texas Tech University in 2016 with a Bachelor’s degree in English and a minor in Media Strategies. #WreckEmForever
- My passion for sloths is unparalleled. Seriously.
- My favorite food is french fries. With a close second and third being chicken fajitas and cheesecake.
- My ideal Starbucks order is a nitro cold brew with sweet cream.
- I am an Enneagram 3 with a 2 wing. My Myer’s Brigg is ESFJ.
- I would much rather watch a YouTube video than watch an episode of TV. *Get ready for a list of YouTubers that will knock your socks off, folks.
- I keep Chick-fil-A in business. Seriously. Even on keto, which I’m doing now, to my own personal horror. Those grilled nuggets SAVE ME.
- I have the coolest parents in the world, Lance and Sarah, and a younger brother, Davis. We are part of an amazing, very large, very connected extended family.
- I am an oily skin type with rosacea.
- If I could pick one makeup product to bring with me on a deserted island, it would most certainly be a foundation (with SPF, because this girl fries up like a tomato in .2 seconds).
- I cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars and Memphis Grizzlies.
- I also love the game of golf thanks to my Dad, who is a fantastic golfer. I can’t play the game to save my life, but I am always down to watch a round.
- If I could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, I would always pick Jane Austen.
- As you can now expect, my favorite book of all time is Pride & Prejudice (quickly followed by Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire).
- I am a Ravenclaw.
- My favorite movies are Princess Bride, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Mummy, Gone with the Wind, Legally Blonde and the Keira Knightley Pride & Prejudice, in that order.
- I could enjoy a frozen margarita, gin & tonic or glass of Shiraz any day of the week.
Thank you for hanging out with me friends. Stay tuned for much more to come!